Roasted Chicken with Tomatoes, Olives, and Feta
Prep Time: 10 min. ~ Total Time 1 hour ~ Serves 4
- 8 bone in skin on chicken thighs (I used 2 breasts instead)
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup pitted Spanish olives
- 6 medium shallots, halved letnthwise and peeled
- 3 spring fresh thyme
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Feta cheese, crumbled, for garnish
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
Easy Step by Step Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine chicken, oil, tomatoes, olives, shallots, and thyme in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss.
3. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet and spread chicken mixture, skin side up, in a single layer.
4. Roast until a thermometer inserted into the thickest parts of the thighs (do not touch bones) reaches 165 degrees (about 35-40 min.)
5. Transfer chicken to a platter and loosely cover with foil.
6. Return vegetables to oven and roast until golden brown in places, about 10 minutes more.
7. Transfer vegetables and accumulated juices to platter with chicken, and season with salt and pepper.
8. Garnish with mint and feta.
Serve with crusty bread or pasta ~ or just yummy alone!
Tonight I added a few diced potatoes in the vegetable mixture for the kids